Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Giving Trees...

You may remember these trees from a previous photographic post. Well, after the encaustic workshop that I took back in August, I wanted to revisit those trees and truly pay them justice. Wax medium lends itself so well for adding the depth, the layers and the luminosity I wanted. It helped me convey the emotion and atmosphere that I couldn't get with just a black and white photograph. So here are my giving trees once again -- these are the trees that I have seen through so many years -- through my eyes as a child, as a young adult leaving home for the first time to go to College, as a young woman in love, as a grown woman with children, and as an artist full of inspiration. Thank you beautiful trees for giving me so much throughout the years. And thanks to IMT's for having Trees as its point of departure for this Thursday.


Gina Caraviello The Giving Trees
encaustic on braced luan
16" x 23"
copyright October 2009


Here I am last night at the Opening of the 'EnLIGHTened' Show hosted by the Savannah Art Association and Pace Lighting. Knabbed an 'Honorable Mention,' so I do believe I'm on the right path...

5 comments:

KL Bailey Art said...

Beautiful!

josh pincus is crying said...

pretty cool interpetation.

Nicole V Lozano said...

congrats! It great to receive that reinforcement your headed in the right direction. That's really great.

sperlygirl said...

ever so lovely gina!!!

painterlady said...

Gina~
I love love your encaustic work!
If open flames didn't scare me so much I would work with it as well....but as it is...even my little heat gun turns on me sometimes!
~Ruth